Livestream Studio HD31
The Livestream Studio HD31 Live Production Switcher is an all-in-one, 3-input computer-based switcher running Livestream Studio software. Three Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder cards allow you to capture SD or HD video from HDMI or HD-SDI sources - each card features both connectors, however only one can be used at a time. The Studio software lets you switch between these plus two "remote" channels as well as prerecorded clips in the media player. You can also add titles and effects either as overlays or using the DSK (downstream keyer), apply transitions, and more. An internal encoder gets the program feed ready for the Web, outputting a fixed bitrate 480p H.264 stream via the HD31's Ethernet port. At the same time, the software can record a high-quality - up to 1080p - feed for archiving or editing, encoding it in the MJPEG codec at up to 100 Mbps.
Powering the HD31 is a specially-built computer with a 4.0 GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and a 2TB 7200rpm hard drive capable of storing up to 40 hours of 1080p, 100 Mbps footage. For monitoring and operating the software there are VGA, DVI-D (digital only), and HDMI outputs. These allow you to connect a regular computer monitor or TV, and up to two displays can be used concurrently. The Livestream Studio software features a configurable layout that allows you to view all of the camera/input feeds, program and preview, clips in the media player, audio levels, and more - all on one screen if necessary.
Audio is also supported, and can be mixed in software. Up to 24 mono channels or 3 stereo pairs embedded audio through the Mini Recorder cards as well as separate audio via the 3.5mm line-in on the computer's sound card. If you prefer to use an external analog to digital converter or USB audio mixer, there are four DAC-UP USB 2.0 ports which are specially engineered to minimize noise when connecting an audio interface.
The HD31 can be rack-mounted using the included accessories, making it suitable for studios, production facilities, live venues, and production trucks. Also included is a twelve month telephone support plan, a configurable, color-coded Livestream production keyboard, a mouse with mousepad, and power cord.
- Supported Formats
- Supports input video resolutions up to 1080p30/25 and 1080i60/50 at 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling - including may 24p schemes - as well as 24-bit, 48 kHz audio. Video can be recorded internally at up to 1080p in 100 Mbps MJPEG and streamed in H.264 at a fixed resolution of 480p
- Livestream Studio Switching Software
- Provides a full field rate multiview that displays all live inputs, graphics, and media players in real-time. The multiview features audio monitoring for each input and audio PPM overlay with peak hold on all inputs and outputs
- Built-In Multiview
- Multiview is built into the software, and provides typical features found in a live production control room, including full field-rate display (no matter how many inputs), tally, input labels, and audio levels
- Monitor on External Screens
- The integrated graphics allows you to monitor and operate the switching software using regular HDMI or DVI computer monitors or displays. With the HD31 you can connect up to two monitors at once
- Cut, dissolve, or select from a collection of wipes to enhance the transition between shots or when switching between live and prerecorded content
- Built-In Audio Mixer
- The HD31's audio tools are designed to cater to producers of all sizes, from a one-man-band to a full production team. The mixer features mix automation, SDI and HDMI embedded audio, level monitoring, peak warnings as well as channel grouping so that one level adjustment can apply to several channels. The HD31 also supports the use of external audio mixers
- Audio Input Options
- Embed your audio via HD-SDI, bring in your analog audio via a separately available USB audio device, or use the HD31's built-in 3.5mm stereo analog audio input
- Built-In Graphics Editor
- The 2-channel graphics generator is built into the GUI and allows you add text, transparent images, live picture-in-picture video, countdowns, and a range of graphic effects including drop shadows, borders, crops, and more. Create templates to quickly change sport scores, lower third text, or other graphic elements on-the-fly
- Downstream Key Overlays
- Overlays graphics as layers on top of your program mix with transparency. This is ideal for adding corner bugs, sport cording, lower thirds, picture-in-picture, and other broadcast graphics
- Composite up to two live audio/video sources together within the graphics editor. Ideal for a simple second camera angle, a scoreboard cam, or a broadcast network two-person live chat over an animated background video
- Media Recording
- Record your program output with MJPEG compression and in an AVI (.avi) wrapper for archive or editing later in NLEs including Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, or for playback directly within one of the Studio media players. Choose from "clean" (without graphics) and "dirty" (with graphics) programs as well any isolated live camera inputs (ISO). You can also open the files being recorded in the media player to trim and replay segments from your live show without stopping the recording
- Internal Storage
- The HD31 features a 2TB built-in hard drive for media storage, which will hold around 40 hours of footage recorded at the 100 Mbps setting. For additional storage, external USB hard drives may also be connected
- Media Player
- Adding recorded material to your program is enabled by two media players built into the Studio software. Import a range of popular media formats, including H.264 as well as MP3 and WAV audio. Build playlists, loop clips, and auto-play on transition. Trim clips down for broadcast, and quickly scrub to find exactly what you're looking for. If a clip does not match your project settings, the built-in transcoder will convert the file to match. Additionally, thanks to the ISO recording feature, you can get basic instant replay functionality by loading one of your ISOs into the media player
- Remote Camera
- Mobile: Use the Livestream app to integrate feeds from iPhone, iPad, Android, and Google Glass cameras into your live production. Includes the ability to frame accurately synchronize the remote cameras with the HDMI/SDI inputs (adds one second of delay)
Computer Desktop: Receive a remote computer's video and audio as a Livestream Studio input via your local Wi-Fi or Ethernet network. Supports full motion and audio, and requires installing the Livestream Studio Remote Camera on the transmitting computer
Cloud: Downlink live feeds from your Livestream account(s) and use it as a remote live source in your program mix
- Integrated Live Streaming Encoder
- Livestream Studio features a built-in H.264/AAC single-bitrate live streaming encoder. You can stream 480p video directly to Livestream, Ustream, YouTube Live, or any RTMP compatible server or CDN (Wowza Media Server, Akamai, Flash Media Server included). Also supports ZiXi streaming protocol and 1080p streaming when using custom quality settings
- Stream to Any Device
- The Livestream content delivery service supports simultaneous output to desktop browsers, Roku connected TVs, and iOS and Android devices. Invisible to the end user, this is achieved through a combination of Flash, HLS, and RTSP streaming protocols
- Live Video Output
- Output your live program via SDI or HDMI to large format in-venue screens (iMag), broadcast networks, or complement your workflow using external video hardware such as graphics generators, encoders, and recorders
- Tally Light
- Keep your talent and camera operators in the know on what source is live and what source is coming next via our tally light integration. Supports tally devices from MetaSETZ (available separately)
- Mid-Roll Ad Insertion
- Using a separately available Livestream Platform Enterprise account, add your Google DFP ID and start monetizing your stream with mid-roll advertising. Simply press the "Insert Advertisement" button to place an ad
- Includes Livestream Studio Keyboard
- With the same layout as a conventional Windows keyboard, this special keyboard features key caps that highlight Livestream Studio shortcuts to make switching faster and more intuitive
- Automated Software Updates
- Provides new features and bug fixes free of charge via Livestream's online automated software updates
Livestream Studio Keyboard
Blackmagic Design Cards Documentation and Driver CD
Limited 1-Year Warranty on Hardware
We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from Vizcom Technologies. To assist you, we have set out the Vizcom Technologies Returns Policy in more detail under our terms and conditions page.
1. Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For more information on product warranties please refer to the individual manufacturers warranty period.
Vizcom also Recommends