Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K (EF Mount) | CINEURSAM46K/EF
Item usually ships within 7-10 business days, direct from Australian distributor.
PRE ORDER - ETA UNKNOWNVizcom Technologies, Perth | Now in a smaller, more handheld friendly form factor, the URSA Mini 4.6K Digital Cinema Camera from Blackmagic Design can record cinematic images with its Super-35mm 4.6K, global-shutter sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range. The ergonomic body design is balanced and can be used for many different styles of filmmaking. The EF-mount is compatible with a plethora of popular lenses, opening up different aesthetic options. A rosette on the side of the camera accepts the included side handle which can control start/stop via a LANC connection.
To produce cinematic images, the URSA Mini can record uncompressed raw sensor data in the CinemaDNG format onto CFast 2.0 memory cards at up to 60 fps. The raw files preserve the full dynamic range and color tonality output from the sensor so you can have greater control over the look in post-production. However, data-heavy uncompressed raw files aren't always easy to deal with on-set, so Blackmagic provides compressed raw at 3:1 and 4:1 ratios to save space while retaining postproduction flexibility.
The URSA Mini also records UHD (3840 x 2160) and 1080p video using ready-to-edit ProRes files in many different flavors within the 444 and 422 chroma subsampling variations depending on your workflow. Starting at the high end, UHD footage can be recorded in ProRes 444 XQ at a rate of 312.5 MB/s all the way down to 1080p in a ProRes 422 Proxy file coming in at a relatively paltry 5.6 MB/s data rate. Since the camera accepts dual CFast cards, you can record for long periods of time by having the camera switch cards when one is full.
Power for the URSA Mini can be supplied via a 4-pin XLR jack at the rear of the camera. With an optional plate, the URSA will accept professional V-Mount or Gold-Mount batteries on the back. Once connected to power, the URSA can even distribute power through a second 4-pin XLR jack.
- Compact Handheld Design
- Sizing down the familiar URSA shape enables the URSA Mini to fit into feature film, indie film, TV, commercial, documentary, and music video workflows with crews of any size. Using the optional shoulder mount with a built-in quick-release plate, the URSA Mini can go from handheld to shoulder to tripod in a matter of seconds. Despite its size, the URSA Mini still fits essential I/O for professional workflows.
The body is made from Magnesium alloys in order to keep the URSA Mini lightweight at 5 pounds. To make the camera more acceptable for handheld usage, a side handle is included. With the optional shoulder mount, the handle can be extended off the side of the camera to be used in a doc-style configuration.
- 4.6K Super-35mm Sensor
- With an effective resolution of 4608 x 2592, the sensor housed inside the URSA Mini can capture motion pictures that have greater-than 4k resolution with a film-like 15 stops of dynamic range. A wide exposure latitude allows for greater control in post, enabling highlight recovery while keeping the shadows clean from artifacting.
To keep the images free from skew commonly found in high-resolution cameras, a global shutter mode can be implemented at frame rates up to 30 fps. With the global shutter disabled, the URSA Mini can record the entire sensor at up to 60 fps to fit television or other workflows which require higher frame rates. Using a smaller portion of the sensor, the URSA Mini can also record slow-motion footage at up to 160 fps in 1080p resolution. When recording high frame rates, the URSA Mini will conform captured footage to the set standard frame rate resulting in smooth footage that doesn't require post processing before editing.
- Touchscreen Control
- In addition to more traditional button-driven menus, the URSA Mini features a fold-out 5 inch 1920 x 1080 resolution capacitive touchscreen LCD monitor. Using the easily navigable touchscreen menu you can see and change all camera settings, view timecode, histograms, audio levels, and focus peaking, as well as add shot metadata with an onscreen keyboard.
- Professional Connections
- The URSA Mini features multiple connections such as 12G-SDI out, HD-SDI monitoring out, 2 LANC inputs, balanced XLR audio with phantom power, timecode-in, and reference input. On the front right side of the camera the 4 pin XLR DC and HD-SDI monitoring output are located in the perfect position for connecting to an optional viewfinder or on set monitor. The 12G-SDI output handles up to 2160p60 using a single BNC cable and also switches to 6G-SDI or HD-SDI depending on the shooting format.
- Quality Sound Recording
- With high quality built in microphones and professional audio recording features you don't have to carry around extra sound equipment. You can use the built in stereo microphone to record natural location sound or connect professional microphones using the two XLR mic inputs. The XLR connections have 48V of switchable phantom power so you can plug shotgun mics or wireless lavalier mics for capturing more detail. You can quickly adjust levels using the physical knobs while monitoring the audio using the onscreen audio meters and headphones.
- Multiple Power Options
- On it's own, the URSA Mini includes a 4-pin XLR industry standard power connector that works with 12V to 30V external power supplies. That means it's easy to use the camera with existing professional power supplies and batteries. The camera uses the same battery power connector and mounting points on the rear of the camera as used on the original URSA so you can use the same range of battery plates from a wide range of manufacturers such as IDX, Frezzi, Anton Bauer, and more. You can also add the optional Blackmagic URSA V-Lock Battery Plate for using popular V-Mount batteries.
- DaVinci Resolve Software Included
- Included with the camera is a DaVinci Resolve USB dongle, which contains a license to unlock the full feature-set within the software. The full version of DaVinci Resolve is compatible with Mac and Windows, and can be used for editing, color grading, media management, mastering, and delivery. DaVinci Resolve can easily handle the 12-bit log RAW images from URSA Mini so you can take advantage of URSA Mini's amazing image quality and wide dynamic range. DaVinci Resolve features advanced, multi layer timeline editing with powerful trimming tools, along with the industry's leading suite of creative grading tools
First footage from the URSA Mini 4.6K has started to emerge.
|Screen Type||LCD capacitive touchscreen|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080|
We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from Vizcom Technologies. To assist you, we have set out the Vizcom Technologies Returns Policy in more detail under our terms and conditions page.
1. Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For more information on product warranties please refer to the individual manufacturers warranty period.
Vizcom also Recommends
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.